Our quotations are for the supply of floor coverings, underlay and window furnishings with or without installations as specified and/or other goods as specified on this invoice. It does not include any other work unless specified by signed agreement.
1. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibility will be accepted for unavoidable marks left by tools of trades. Carpet during positioning, removal of existing flooring, damage to quarter rounds, skirting, scotia or existing walls and wall paper, when either lifted, during installation, preparation or in the moving of household furniture
2. The purchaser will provide without expense McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd proper access to site, including parking, adequate light and power for the completion of the work. If a power generator is required, an additional minimum daily charge will be at the client’s expense
3. It is the client’s responsibility to move and reconnect fridges, washers, stoves, dishwashers, computers, all appliances including all furniture and fittings etc. and to ensure areas of installation of purchased items are completely cleared to provide free access for our tradespeople.
4. Placement of all floor covering joins, finishing trims, skirting etc. is at the discretion of the company unless otherwise specified. If the customer requests McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd or its installers or others to fit or not fit finishing trims, skirting etc. which are not part of the contract or deemed not recommended by McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd or its installers or manufacturers, neither McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd or its installers or manufacturers can be held responsible for any consequences or problems by the use or non-use of these items.
5. It is normal for Smoothedge pins to protrude through thin carpet and it is not a laying fault. Some thick carpets may show crush marks due to weight of the carpet roll when in storage and will usually come out with normal foot traffic.
6. Variation of shade and grain structure can occur in the manufacture of different batches of floor coverings. McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd will take every care during laying operations to obtain the best effect but cannot assume responsibility for variations in colour, grain structure or the effect of natural or artificial lighting.
7. Customers need to be aware of manufacturer’s conditions of sale as displayed on their sample of goods. Joins in all coverings cannot be made invisible and often lighter rooms will show more than others. Peaking of carpet joins can be visible in all carpets usually due to joining tape underneath but will subdue to some degree over time and wear.
8. No liability will be accepted by McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd for any outline of hardboard underlay joins or any floor imperfections which may show through highly polished, smooth resilient floor coverings or other floor coverings under certain reflective light conditions.
9. McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd will not be held responsible should movement occur to timber boards, laminate boards or sub-floor causing lifting, misshaping or damage. Likewise should dampness occur in timber boards, laminate boards, concrete sub-floor or other sub-floor causing lifting, misshaping or damage.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that the floor and sub-floor and the rest of the building comply with relevant Australian Building Codes and Standards. No claim shall lie against McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd for failure of our works resulting from non-compliance. If the sub-floor cannot be properly inspected or condition assessed, McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd cannot accept responsibility for the cost of any necessary rectifications nor for defects caused by existing perished underlay or carpet backing, dampness, heating, air conditioning or other extraneous influences.
11. McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd cannot guarantee fitting of scotia or quarter rounds to plaster walls or other such unsuitable walls directly, and the client understands that fitting of these items in some instances is only a short time fix until walls are suitable for skirting to be supplied and fitted later at the client’s expense.
12. McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd are not responsible for the trimming or reinstating of doors that require removal due to unsuitable existing door heights etc.
13. McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd will not be responsible for the pull-up, removal or disposal of suspect or real asbestos materials. Customers need to seek specialist advice for this type of work at their own expense.
14. In the event of a cancellation by the customer after the material has been cut or specially ordered for you from any mill or supplier, customer agrees to pay, as liquidated damages, a sum equal to 50% of the total purchase price.
15.We have a 12 month warranty on installations from the date of installation unless otherwise specified.
16. It is the responsibility of the client to remove all existing window furnishings unless stated on the invoice. Additional charges will be applied if required on installation.
17. All soft furnishing quotes are subject to final check measures.
18. On site measure costs are not refundable.
19. No liability will be accepted by McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd for delays in the delivery, supply or installation of goods beyond the control of McLeay and Sons Carpets Pty Ltd
20. A minimum deposit of 50% is required on placement of an order. Payment in full is required on completion of the 1st stage of installation. All products to be held beyond a period of 3 months to be paid in full.
21. Overdue accounts will be referred to a collection agency and all costs incurred by the agent in recovering payment shall be payable by the customer.
22. This invoice is subject to corrections for clerical or mathematical errors.